[Pattern Collection Competition] → Submit your entries here

Machira: Weaving a Uniquely Zimbabwean Aesthetic

From the vibrant tapestry of Zimbabwean culture emerges Machira, a collection of patterns pulsating with the very essence of the nation. It’s a story borne from a yearning for something deeper than color and structure, a quest to capture the soul of Zimbabwe in threads and textures.

Breaking Beyond Color: The Birth of Machira
mbatya, my clothing brand, is establishing itself as a builder of Zimbabwean aesthetics. The burst of its initial creations, each base look a canvas for tailoring artistry, is a growing success. Yet, as I envisioned mbatya’s future, a whisper of something more took root. I craved patterns, intricate narratives woven into the very fabric of my designs.

And so, Machira was born. Six initial patterns, each a vibrant ode to Zimbabwe, form the foundation of this remarkable project. They’re not mere embellishments; they’re the beating heart of the collection, whispering tales of a rich cultural heritage.

The colors are drawn from the very soul of the Zimbabwean flag, each hue echoing a facet of the nation’s spirit. The verdant green, a lush testament to the land’s fertile beauty, dances with the golden yellow, a radiant symbol of mineral wealth and sunshine. And then there’s the deep, majestic red, a powerful reminder of the sacrifices made for freedom.

These colors weave their way through the patterns, infusing them with an undeniable Zimbabwean character.

But Machira’s reach extends far beyond the realm of textiles. It’s an invitation to delve deeper into the Zimbabwean story, to appreciate the intricate tapestry of history, tradition, and vibrant spirit that defines the nation. Each pattern is a conversation starter, a spark that ignites curiosity and fosters a sense of shared identity.

Machira is more than just a collection of patterns; it’s a vibrant celebration of Zimbabwe, woven thread by thread, color by color, into a testament to the nation’s enduring spirit.

11 Likes

2 Likes

IMG_20240126_084055

This is my favorite colour combination pattern and made beautifully too let see my all dear member will like it or…

This is my submittion ,create this geometric patterns and try to give competition to all my patterns theirself

1 Like

Two years ago I was learning watercolor painting on Procreate - cute cat picture. It turned out that this picture is great source file for Repper :smile:

10 Likes

Hello Repper Community :wave:
Here is my collection: Happiness kaleidoscope. I was inspired and so excited about the Peach Fuzz being announced as the color of the year because it feels so sweet and “summerish” to me. The color palette for my designs is called Pairings and includes the peach fuzz one. It is the “happiness” collection because of the warm vibes of the colors, the “kaleidoscope” is honestly some repper magic that got me inspired also. I hope my collection resonates for other people also with words like joyful, summer, flower fields, childish wonder, dreaming of simple afternoons.

Happy creating everyone!

5 Likes

Terracotta maze is a collection of 7 patterns created from a reference I made myself inspired by an earthy color palette.

16 Likes

5 Likes

Hello everyone, beautiful amazing projects I see!
Here is mine: The iconic triangular logo of my company the “Precision Prism”, that is a visual embodiment of accuracy and precision, now brings the high-energy spirit of the surveyors job to a vibrant spectrum of colors full of dynamic charm, creating a mark that resonates with those who seek accuracy with an energetic twist.

2 Likes

Here is my contribution for the Competition. The fleur de lis symbol has always had a special place in my heart and in my creativity; it can be represented with clean, elegant lines or with flourishes and acanthus leaves, and so on. Very versatile! This one called for olive green tones - I couldn’t stop making patterns! It was quite a selection process. I had three versions!

9 Likes

6 Likes

Hi!
My entry to the Pattern Collection competition is called Vibrant Geometric. It was inspired by my love for colorful patterns and a desire to experiment with geometric shapes and it projects a positive energetic vibe.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Hi,
I have included some mockups for my Vibrant Geometric Pattern Collection. I enjoyed designing this collection and imagining my designs on various products.
Best Wishes to all of my fellow designers!

1 Like

This vibrant piece captures the essence of infinite patterns found in nature and sacred geometry. Each section is a universe of its own, with meticulous details that weave together, forming a cohesive tapestry. The gradient of hues, from the royal purples to the golden yellows, symbolizes the transition from the mysterious night to the golden hour of dawn.

3 Likes

This collection had me captivated for weeks. I love starting with a photo from something in nature. I am still learning about manupulating photos digitally and just use free apps right now. I can sew this becoming somwthing I do a deep dive into!!
This challange has taught me so much. I am loving exploring the theory and process of pattern matching using repper.

Good luck everyone!!!

2 Likes

Hi!
This is my design called Starry Flower, inspired with stars and flowers obviously :wink:

6 Likes

Apresento minha coleção: “Família Oliveira”.
Por mim, Elaine Oliveira.

1 Like

Here is my very late submission…

5 Likes

Since I think I posted my submission in the wrong place and my comment showed up here, I am reposting in this reply thread:

This is my first attempt at creating a collection of coherent patterns. I have been playing in Reaper for a little more than two weeks and love the patterns that I see. Here is my first attempt, and I think I will name it seaside walk:

Being a new user I have to upload my concept image separately.

1 Like

Concept image for Seaside Walk (I used Spoonflower to help create the collage.):

2 Likes