Subscription Payment

Describe the problem When I first subscribed to Repper the charge on my credit card was from Repper, now I am being charged from Paddle.net this is confusing. Am I being charged twice? Why did this happen
[ . ]

How and when does it happen?
[ … ]

Did any of the help centre suggestions work? (restart, other browser, other computer)
[ … ]

If possible, include a screenshot or recording of the app with the issue
[ … ]

Which operating system do you use? (examples: Windows 10, MacOS Catalina)
[ … ]

Which browser do you use? (examples: Firefox 84.0.2, Chrome 87.0.4280.141)
[ … ]

@mona_eklund, thanks for your question! Every charge you have received will have been labeled as coming from Paddle.net. They are our subscription handler* and you will see their name on your bank statement. It should also include a mention of Repper, to tell it apart from any other charges you may receive from them from other products using Paddle.

Rest assured, you are not being charged once and it is always by Paddle. That said, if you need any help with your membership (payment issues, cancellation, you name it), you can always come to us and we can handle it for you.

———

*Paddle is technically called a Merchant Of Record (MOR). This means that they handle not just the payment, but also the local VAT/GST for us. For businesses selling digital services, if you want to adhere to the law, you need to pay taxes LOCALLY to where your customer is. You can imagine this is impossible for small businesses, filing taxes everywhere our customers live AND knowing all the rules. That’s where companies like Paddle act as an intermediary: They sell you the product and handle the GST/VAT, and they pay us the remainder. While this means you are technically buying from them, it is still our obligation at Repper to provide you the product and support, just like any other business you buy products or services from.