Introduce yourself 👋

Hi there! Welcome to the Repper community :heart_eyes:. We’d love to get to know you, so please tell us a bit about yourself, what you (plan to) use Repper for, and anything else that you would like your fellow community members to know.

4 Likes

Hey there Repper community! I’m Alexander, one of the developers of Repper. My love for patterns, in nature, in fashion, in mathematics is the main reason I started Repper together with @Wouter. I work mainly on all the backend programming, implementing new features, researching the mathematics behind patterns and them translating them into working code and maintaining the app to it stays responsive and bug free.

I recently moved to Copenhagen where I am closer to @Wouter, and working on light art installations. I do photography, capturing people and nature, small and big. I also play the guitar and love to do jazz tunes or a campfire singing session.

I’m very excited to meet all of you!

5 Likes

Hey, y’all! I’m Wouter and I started Repper together with @Alexander many years ago. It began as a fun little prototype that was so well-received, we decided to turn it into a complete pattern app (if you’re curious about the full story, check our history page). I work mainly on designing new features, business development, and customer support. I also like to dabble in the code and take care of the website.

I’m a Dutchman but have lived in Denmark for over 10 years with my Australian partner and daughter (who is a mix of all nationalities :joy:). I also love designing puzzles games (like Secret Signs), playing guitar, and get my zen from working in the garden :house_with_garden: .

Thank you for your support and being part of the Repper community! Seeing what you all make with Repper makes it all worthwhile! Oh, and on that note: once you’ve introduced yourself, don’t forget to post your favourite project you made with Repper in the showcase section!

6 Likes

Hola!

I’m partner of Alex and happily dragged into making cool patterns - and getting them printed on textiles. My favorite is the penrose :cherry_blossom:

I’m a chemical engineer gone rouge and now working with mental health - the DIY projects is my hobby through many years.

And I love tights & onesies :unicorn:

7 Likes

Hi there,
I’m Julie and I live in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve been using Repper for around three years and love it so much. I’m intrigued by the variety of patterns I can create using this amazing software. So happy there is now a forum dedicated to Repper fans!
Thank you to everyone on the Repper team for creating such a unique program!

7 Likes

Hi there my dear friends, it’s Michel here from Repper… Well, that’s how I introduce myself in the YouTube video’s I am creating for the app. :upside_down_face: I am a designer, photo/videographer and guitarist based in Amsterdam. I have been working with Repper since September last year. I am passionate about creating beautiful things, and find Repper an amazing tool to express my creativity. Therefore I am really grateful to work for Alexander and Wouter. Besides creating content for Repper, I am also here to assist on the support desk. :star_struck:

7 Likes

Hi @JulieVee, welcome to the Repper forum! My wife and I lived for a year in Melbourne (first Preston, then Collingwood) a decade ago and the city still has a special place in my heart :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello there! I’m George and I’m from Little Rock, Arkansas. I first discovered Repper not so long ago and have loved making fun patterns with it ever since. It’s awesome that we now have a community forum to meet and discuss and share with. Really excited to see it grow and develop!

3 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m Karen, an American living in Sweden. I am a photographer as well as an abstract, digital, paint & mixed media artist. Lovin’ the app!! It is so addicting!

4 Likes

Hi George, welcome to the community! :wave: I’m looking forward to sharing ideas with you here!

1 Like

Hi Karen, welcome to our brand new community :wave: I’m curious to see what you’re doing with Repper and how you integrate it in your creative process!

1 Like

Greets all! I’m Nita from Canada. I enjoy creating pretty things from various apps, including opensource and obsolete math-based scripts such as Fyre and Sterling. I’ve also dived into the world of Apophysis and generally love fractals. Repper is definitely something I would gravitate toward and I really enjoy playing with it!

2 Likes

I’ve been using Reppper for years and I love it. I have some of the patterns in my Shopify store. Here are some of my latest that I will be putting in my shop. Also a yoga mat I designed with Repper.

4 Likes

Hi Alexander, thanks for the welcome & the app! Love it! You actually have seen some of my pattern art on some products that were purchased for the YouTube contest with Mey. Someone bought 2 of my pillows and a rug ( was suppose to be a yoga may but S6 doesn’t ship overseas) That pattern was created with the app.

1 Like

Hi Wouter, Preston and Colllingwood are so close to the Melbourne CBD. You would have been right in the middle of things. I’ve heard you mention your wife is Australian. The world is such a small place now. So glad you enjoyed your time here! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hi there, love your vibrant patterns! Congrats on having some of your designs featured and purchased in Mey, Wouter and Alex’s Repper Challenge. Woohoo! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@Wouter @Alexander @Michel_Repper
So, all three of you play guitar? How are the jam sessions?? :smiley:

Does anyone else play instruments? I currently play the flute and compose beginner-intermediate practice pieces and solos/duets as a creative outlet in addition to pretty digital arts and various other crafts.

1 Like

We definitely jam together, @Michel_Repper and I usually go crazy on jazz standards and blues tunes. It’s a lot of fun!

1 Like

Hi, Bernie here. I’m a UK radio presenter/voiceover artist/producer and English teacher.

I’m trying my hand at creating coloring books for KDP and of course Repper was immediately attractive. I particularly love mandalas, the coloring book type. I love all clever patterns like the patterns made by Repper. I seem to have been a Repper subscriber for ages but I have not yet created patterns that I think are ready for publishing as coloring books, for a variety of reasons. I haven’t seen any threads here about creating coloring books with Repper and I’m going to start a thread to document my journey in this regard by asking lots of questions and trying to create a useful ‘How To Make Coloring Book Pages With Repper’ which would not only serve me but help many others hopefully. See you there!

3 Likes